If you’ve been following the journey of this antique dresser, you know she was picked up from a beautiful peach orchard in the Niagara Region. Fittingly, Zovesta (an SI Reader) thought she would be lovely painted in a peachy color and I agreed!
Then as I was repairing her peeling veneer, I passed by my paint inventory and spotted a package from the Dixie Belle Paint Company. One of the colors caught my attention. There was no question in my mind that Holy Guacamole was the perfect color for this antique dresser!
Holy Guacamole may sound like something you’d order with a salt rimmed margarita, but I have to admit, it’s the most beautiful antique green. It’s the perfect blend of green, gold and tan to give any vintage piece a pop of color while maintaining a vintage feel.
This is a muted green, yet the gold undertones make an elegant statement.
This was my first time working with this Dixie Belle so here’s my review if you ever want to give this paint a try.
PRO’S WORKING WITH DIXIE BELLE PAINT:
- No sanding or priming required.
- Applies and adheres beautifully.
- No bad smell.
- Levels nicely.
- Good coverage.
- Thick so a little goes a long way.
- Helpful to use a wet/damp brush or roller.
- Dries fast.
- Thinning with water extends work-ability time.
- Distresses easy with sandpaper. ( I didn’t try wet distressing.)
- Beautiful matte/chalky finish.
- Cleans up easy with water.
- Bold/bright color choice